Thursday, October 11, 2012

Enough Apocalypse!



I don't know about you, but I am over dystopian, parallel universe, zombie filled, etc., "romantic" fiction, as I'll call it. After the Hunger Games craze, the plethora of other similar novels came pouring out and I gobbled them up in full force, getting my adrenaline/other world fix. I AM FULL!

As vanilla as it sounds (compared to lusty space pod lovin'), what I am in the mood for is a good ol' romance...no vampires, no fairies, no alien reveals. Straight-up human is all I ask. In July this need had prompted me to take down our feature teen end cap and switch it up with a "summer lovin'" theme. Schools out, road trips. beaches, sailboats…summer love. There was always drama of course and the impending doom of September around the corner, but the heady moments of pure bliss and long days more than made up for it.

And now fall's here again. I'm still on the hunt for my perfect romantic read. I feel like I'll probably just grab a new travel lit release, but no joke, I am this close (fingers almost pinched) to picking up Fifty Shades of Grey to see what the fuss is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment