Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sloppy Firsts



An ice cold ginger ale, the fizzier the better.That's my top request when I'm sick as a dog. It is probably one of the most comforting things imaginable to me in those times of need. As are fantasy movies, a comfy place to be horizontal, and a light-weight blanket strewn across 45% of my body (if you'd like specifics).

My most recent ordeal had all of those things, as well as me stumbling across one of my all-time favourite YA series on my bookshelf. Sloppy Firsts is the first of five in the Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty. I hadn't read it in ages ( I can't believe it's ten years old already). It's one of those perfectly-imperfect coming-of-age stories with an epic and honest love story. Over the years I've read about Jessica Darling as she graduates from high school, heads to uni, and eventually gets thrown into the real world, with all the craziness of life mixed between. So well written and hilariously funny, and for me completely comforting. I'm now over my sickness, but I'm onto book two, Second Helpings.

- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment